Women Declare Emergency and Raise Climate Ambition
About this event
The planetary emergency is a triple crisis for climate, people, and nature. It is affecting all of humanity, not just half. Women from all sectors of society across the globe are being impacted and they need to be part of the solution. We can only solve this crisis by working together, men and women together.
In September, SHE Changes Climate launched an Open Letter to the COP27 Presidency and all Leaders attending COP asking for equal representation and urgent action to solve the crisis. It was signed by 1000+ leaders from around the world, calling for a 50:50 split of men and women in top environmental decision-making positions.
Building on this campaign, SHE Changes Climate and partners are delighted to invite you to an online Summit where you will join leaders for a set of engaging and interactive discussions valuing diversity and raising climate ambition to address the planetary emergency. Women rise by lifting each other. We are also inviting men who are pioneering gender balance and raising climate ambition, to join the discussion and support our campaign.
This Summit is a unique opportunity to connect with political, business and civil society leaders and unite around our 50:50 vision for a sustainable future.
What to expect:
- Listen to leaders from across the environmental movement as they share their vision for an inclusive and sustainable 2030
- Learn about the most urgent solutions and actions needed from leaders to transform society in all sectors of the economy (energy, finance, food, etc).
- All recommendations will be cross-fertilized and collated into a collective statement: ‘Women Declare Emergency’ statement that will be made available to media and decision-makers immediately after the Summit and before the opening of the COP27.
The Summit is an inclusive event across identities and the gender spectrum. This event will run for the whole day. There will be multiple sessions, attendees can hop on and hop off throughout the day. It is free to attend and will be held across multiple time zones via Zoom and live-streamed on the SHE Changes Climate Youtube channel.
Speakers already confirmed include:
- Janet Salisbury, Founder of Womens Climate Congress Australia
- Nicole Schwab, Director of Nature Based Solutions at the World Economic Forum
- Johan Rockström, Potsdam Institute, scientist and TED speaker
- Bogolo Kenewendo, Director of Africa – COP27 Champions team
- Maya Soetero, Founder of the Institute for Climate and Peace
- Atossa Soltani, President and Founder of Amazon Watch
See the full program here.
Register now to receive updates and join the movement.